AKG C214 Cardioid Large Diaphragm Microphone
The C214 large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect.
The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.
- AKG’s legendary 1″ edge-terminated large diaphragm sound
- Incredible 143 dB dynamic range (up to 156 dB SPL)
- Switchable 20 dB attenuation pad and low cut switch
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Rugged double mesh grill for high RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- Spider-type shock mount, windscreen and metal carrying case included
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish